The Eden team was enlisted by South Hampstead school in London to complete a full exterior refurbishment. There was also some internal refurbishment of classrooms and the cleaning of all windows once repairs and redecoration had been completed.
The project had to be completed over the school holidays before the pupils returned. The project was delivered on time and on budget. The complete roof strip and redecoration returned the school to its original condition once more, complimenting its location.
Project cost: £200,000
Project duration: 9 weeks
Having previously worked for GDST at Sutton High School this was another successful project that Eden completed on-time and on budget.
The project included:
- Entirely stripping off the roof area.
- The addition of a new clay tile roof covering and a small amount of felt roofing being renewed as well.
- Roofing repairs to a number of dormers.
- Some minor cladding repairs and repairs to guttering.
- New full classroom width UPVc window to the Music Room.
- Brickwork repointing and stone work repairs across the front and back of the building.
Here’s a more detailed breakdown of works completed:
- Provision of temporary safe access scaffolding/equipment with standalone mains free monitored alarm
- Careful stripping of the existing roof.
- Supply and install new roofing felt, pre-treated battens and clay plain tiles to match existing in size, colour and profile, including new ridge and hip tiles, to all roof pitches.
- Replacement of all existing leadwork flashings, soakers, dressings and coverings to the pitched roof areas, including to dormers, chimneys, parapets and abutments.
- All necessary temporary protection, support, relocation, disconnection and reinstatement upon completion of existing power, air conditioning/condensers, telecoms, TV, data, fire alarm, security, cabling/pipework and associated supports/brackets/fittings to services located within the works area.
- All necessary temporary isolation, draining down, disconnection, relocation and reinstatement of heating and ventilation services, including but not limited to radiators, pipework, valves and fittings as currently affixed to the internal areas that may be affected or require access as a result of the works.